Thursday, October 11, 2007

Finally ... my first post!


Hi all, I decided to register an account and make it up finally.
The purpose of this blog is to record my Flex Learning Career, and share some of the experiences.

I am a Multimedia Engineer and the company I worked starting to adopt Adobe Flex as the solution against various projects.

Personally I start to study Adobe Flex when it is released at beta 2.0, and wrote some stock quoting program. The functions are simple but still somehow I feel good with it.

When I go deeper with it, I started to find there are many problems to deploy corporate-wise solutions with Flex. So I started to study Cairngorm, which is a Micro Architecture Programming Framework initialized by Steven Webster and his colleagues.

The Cairngorm improved my production speed a lot, with the help of Cairngen...


I found that there are many place a Flex Engineer need to be careful, for example, memory leak, which may continously consume the resource of client's computer and eventually hang user's computer. I will post more in the coming days.

haha... Got to go for lesson, bye~

//testing of posting code
var foo:Object = new Object();
foo.name = 'camus';

1 comment:

Harry B. Garland said...

Congratulations on your first post!

I am also learning Cairngorm, and it's challenging because it and Flex are very new to most of the world, and there are no text-books to explain things.

I have been reading through as many Cairngorm blogs as I can. (I found your post through my blog search.) And I've started to consolidate my knowledge by jotting down what I'm learning about Cairngorm. Check it out and let me know if this is helpful.

http://cairngorm.jottit.com